Whether you’re posting on Instagram, Facebook or another social network, your brand needs high-quality visuals to capture your audience’s attention.
We’ve talked before about how you can take better photos, starting with the equipment you already have. But what about creating beautiful graphics? A striking graphic can do wonders to boost engagement, drive sales or promote an event, but you may not always have a designer on hand to make one for you.
Canva is a valuable (and free, in its basic form) design tool that allows non-designer marketers to put together polished, professional-looking graphics from a vast library of templates.
“I think this would help all marketers, especially for those who are non-designers, because Canva is created to make graphics more convenient with less complicated designs, “ Danviel Jae Villarte, outreach specialist at Canva, told MtoM.
“Honestly, I really love all Canva’s social media templates but if I were to pick one, I would pick their eye-catching Facebook Post Templates. They have templates for all occasions and you can have it in minutes. Most of the templates are attractive and easy to customize.”
Here’s how to get started using Canva:
- Create an account (which you can do by linking your Facebook or Google profile)
- Browse Canva’s social media templates
- Click on the template you like; on the page that opens, click Edit This Template
- Customize your graphic from the template editor; for example:
- Upload a different photo
- Switch the background color or pattern
- Edit the copy
- Change the font
- Add shapes, lines, icons, illustrations or charts
- Move the design elements around
- Switch to a different template
Test out templates for:
Want to take your social media marketing to the next level? See what MtoM can do for your brand!