If you spend any part of your day killing time on the Internet, it won’t surprise you to hear that video reigns supreme in the content hierarchy. Video is the type of content that people seek out and engage with – for news, information and entertainment – and it’s only becoming more popular.
As I discussed in a previous post, consumer Internet video traffic is predicted to jump from 64% in 2014 to over 80% in 2019. And if that’s not compelling enough to make you sit up and pay attention, think about the ROI potential of video.
- 67% of marketing professionals found video marketing “somewhat successful,” and 18% said it’s “very successful”
- 52% of marketers worldwide said video is the type of content with the best ROI
- Using the word “video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19%, increases click-thru rates by 65% and reduces unsubscribes by 26%
- Users spend an average of 2 extra minutes on websites that have video vs. those that don’t
- 65% of viewers watch more than 3/4 of a video
- 78% of people watch videos online very week, and 55% watch every day
So by now, we should all be on board with prioritizing video in our content strategy. But the challenge for many brands is finding the answer to the question: how do we create videos our audience wants to watch? You can easily spend millions of dollars on slick, professionally produced videos that your audience ignores or dislikes – clearly not a good investment of your time or money.
To avoid this mistake, you need to be in tune with what will strike a chord with your audience. What videos will they find interesting or funny or thought-provoking enough to watch and share? What will make them feel a connection with your brand and your values? You can’t capture these insights by sitting in a board room and guessing. You need an insider’s perspective – someone who speaks your audience’s language and can communicate your message in the right way.
This is exactly why influencer marketing is so valuable. You don’t have to cross your fingers and hope your content will resonate with your audience. You’ve already found a respected ambassador within the community you want to reach; working together, you’re able to create video content that is right on the mark.
Ready to take the next step with video content? Learn more about how we can tailor an influencer marketing campaign to your brand.